Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Buzău
Vestigiile rupestre (RO) - Hermit grottoes (EN)
Vestigiile rupestre din Munţii Buzăului
- Location: Munţii Buzăului (Buzău Mountains), Buzău (BZ) county.
- Situated at the curve of the Carpathians, in Buzău area, between Aluniş (Colţi)- Nucu (Bozioru) and Ruginoasa (Brăeşti) - "The Romanian Athos", there is a natural and spiritual pantheon of mythical and mystical places, where, once you are in, you feel the thrill of the first archaic ceremonies.
- This area is the hermits’ haven in the Buzău Mountains, apparently formed on a sacred Dacian territory, where the sun and water were revered - "springs of life and power". The place of the Dacians mystics was later taken by Christians. The Orthodox hermits thrived in the 4th century A.D. and took over the Geto-Dacian hermitages, acquiring an important role in the contnuity of spiritual life of this space (I. Mândricel - "Call of Submerged Bells")
- The rupestral settlements Agaton, Fundătura, Bisericuţa lui Iosif, Chilia lui Dionisie Torcătorul, Biserica de la Aluniş speak about a distant historical past and harmoniously fit into the surrounding landscape. They form a unique material and spiritual specificity and their stone testifies a genuine spirit of Orthodox life, a meaning of piety and a symbol for the defense of faith.
Hermit grottoes in the Buzău Mountains
The nearest tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ NEHOIU
The source of the texts/images/photos: Consiliul Judetean Buzău. Copyright©Consiliul Judetean Buzău
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Buzău and nearby!
- Calea Mihai Viteazu nr. 43b, Nehoiu
- Tel /fax: 0238.505.066, Mobil: 0762.061.945
- Program: 10:00-17:00 (Mon-Sun)
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Facebook: Info Turism Nehoiu
- Web: www.cniptnehoiu.ro