Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Buzău
Tabăra de sculptură în aer liber (RO) - The outdoor sculpture camp (EN)
Tabăra de sculptură în aer liber
- Outdoor sculpture camp location: Măgura commune, Buzău (BZ) county.
- It is the biggest complex of sculptures in Romania, exhibited in open air and one of the biggest stone sculpture camp in the world.
- The sculpture camp was held between 1970-1985 and it had 16 editions of 16 works, meaning a total of 256 works of art carved in limestone belonging to the quarry from Ciuta. The 16 editions symbolize 16 centuries of documentary attestation of Buzău municipality (376-1976).
- The sculptures carved by Romanian artists are kept in a large glade surrounded by ancient woods, creating a unique landscape and a charming atmosphere. The camp is visited by many tourists who come to picnic in weekends or admire the statues related to the forest and mountain.
- The outdoor sculpture camp from Măgura is one of the external departments of the Buzău County History Museum.
The outdoor sculpture camp from Măgura, Buzău county, Romania
The nearest tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ NEHOIU
The source of the texts/images/photos: Consiliul Judetean Buzău. Copyright©Consiliul Judetean Buzău
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Buzău and nearby!
TOP 10 WONDERS IN ROMANIA
- Calea Mihai Viteazu nr. 43b, Nehoiu
- Tel /fax: 0238.505.066, Mobil: 0762.061.945
- Program: 10:00-17:00 (Mon-Sun)
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Facebook: Info Turism Nehoiu
- Web: www.cniptnehoiu.ro
Other wonders with tourist attractions in Romania