Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Cluj-Napoca
Statuia Sfântului Gheorghe (RO) - The Statue of Saint George (EN)
Statuia Sfântului Gheorghe
- The statue of Saint George is located on Mihail Kogălniceanu Street, in front of the Calvinist Episcopal Cathedral (Catedrala Episcopală Calvină), being a valuable equestrian monument of Cluj. It is a representation of St. George killing the dragon, constituting an accurate copy of a statue from Prague made by craftsmen Martin and Gheorghe from Cluj, in 1373, at the request of the Emperor Carol IV.
- The inscription found on the pedestal is in Latin: A.D. MCCCLXXIII HOC OPUS IMAGIS S. GEORGII PER MARTINUM ET GEORGIUM DE CLUSSENBERCH CONFLATUM EST, relatively translated "A.D. 1373. This work represents Saint George and it is made by Martin and George of Clussenberch."
The Statue of Saint George from Cluj-Napoca
The local tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ CLUJ
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Cluj. Copyright© CNIPT Cluj
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Cluj-Napoca and nearby!
- Str. Memorandumului nr. 21, Cluj-Napoca
- Tel / fax: 0264-450.410
- Program: Oct-Apr: Monday-Sunday: 09.00-17.00
- May-Sept: M-F: 09.00-19.00; Sat-Sun: 09.00-17.00
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: www.clujtourism.ro
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ClujTourism/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClujTourism
- Youtube: Cluj Tourism
- Instagram: Cluj Tourism
- App (IOS, Google Play & Windows): Cluj Tourism