Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Caransebeș
Statuia Pro Patria (RO) - Pro Patria Statue (EN)
Statuia Pro Patria din Caransebeș
- Pro Patria Statue is situated in front of National College Traian Doda (Colegiul Național Traian Doda Caransebeș). It dates back to 1918 and is dedicated to Romanian students who fighted on First World War battlefield.
- The statue is carved in Ruschița marble and is made by the sculptor Horvay.
- The statue represents a kneeled youngster, with a sword, who thanks God for giving him the victory in his fight with the hydra war. The statue symbolizes the constant fight between good and evil.
Pro Patria Statue in Caransebeș
Caraș-Severin county, Romania (© Dragoș Onea)
The local tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ A MUNICIPIULUI CARANSEBEȘ
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Caransebeș. Copyright© CNIPT Caransebeș
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Caransebeș and nearby!
- Piața General Ioan Dragalina nr.2A, Municipiul Caransebeș, jud. Caraș-Severin, România
- Tel / fax: 0355-429.955
- Program: Monday - Sunday: 1000 - 1700
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Web: http://cnipt-caransebes.ro