Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Caransebeș
Stațiunea Băile Herculane (RO) - Băile Herculane Resort (EN)
Stațiunea Băile Herculane
- At 50 km away from Piatra Scrisă Monastery (Mănăstirea Piatra Scrisă), there is a historical resort known as Băile Herculane.
- In the past, it was compared with Vichi and Mont Dore from France and Karlovy-Vary from Czech Republic, because it is located into a mountain hollow and has a valuable balneal and climatological potential (hot springs, sulphur waters and mild climate).
- There is a perfect place for physical and mental recovery and for escaping the hurley and burley of everyday life.
- Other treasures of Băile Herculane are the Baroque architecture, historical buildings, Hercule statue, the train station, which is considered one of the most romantic train stations from Europe, and Sequoia Gigantea Tree.
- The resort is surrounded by Domogled - Cerna Valley National Park and the flanks of Domogled are protected by the Black Pine of Banat, which is an endemic species of tree.
- During the Austro-Hungarian Empire, Băile Herculane was one of the favourite places of Sisi (Elisabeth of Bavaria, Empress of Austria and Queen of Hungary).
Băile Herculane Resort, Caraș-Severin county, Romania
Cerna Valley at Băile Herculane Resort, Caraș-Severin county, Romania
The local tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ A MUNICIPIULUI CARANSEBEȘ
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Caransebeș. Copyright© CNIPT Caransebeș
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Caransebeș and nearby!
- Piața General Ioan Dragalina nr.2A, Municipiul Caransebeș, jud. Caraș-Severin, România
- Tel / fax: 0355-429.955
- Program: Monday - Sunday: 1000 - 1700
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: http://cnipt-caransebes.ro