Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Moldova Nouă
Stânca Babacaia (RO) - The Babacaia Rock (EN)
- The Babacaia Rock - (Babacai, Baba Gaia or Baba Geea) is a strange stone, relatively close to the Romanian riverbank, with a height of 7 meters, the normal level of the Danube in the gorge, and it is the only occurrence of this kind on all 140 kilometers between Baziaş and Porţile de Fier.
- Around this rock were woven many legends. One said that a Serbian prince tied his wife on it, saying: "Babo, Kaji is", which means "wife, repent". Vainglorious, while she was submerged in water, it her last moment of life, raised her finger out of the water, as a sign that she remains relentless. Moreover, she asked the prevailing wind in the area, Coşava or Gorniacul, to blow harder and remind people that she has been subject to great injustice. Since then, the strong wind Coşava has always created problems to the vessels passing by.
The Babacaia Rock, Caraș-Severin county, Romania
The local tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ MOLDOVA NOUĂ
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Moldova Nouă. Copyright© CNIPT Moldova Nouă
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Moldova Nouă and nearby!
- Str. Dunării nr.3, Oraș Moldova Nouă, jud. Caraș-Severin, România.
- Tel: 0355-429.799
- Program: Monday - Sunday: 1000 - 1700
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Web: http://cniptmoldovanoua.ro