Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Botoșani
Sinagoga Idiş (RO) - Yiddish Synagogue (EN)
- The Yiddish Synagogue from Botoșani City dates from them 19th century (about 1850) and it was built in Romantic neo-Gothic architecture.
- Known under the name Idishes Beis-Medras, it was one of the busiest places in the city, being the only synagogue in Botoșani where Jews held their prayers on weekdays.
- The interior decoration - painted ceilings, wood carvings and iron works - is in accordance with its spectacular facades, and the rhythm of the ogival arches. The two overlapping rows of tall windows joined by wide frames give the building a dynamic and impressive look.
- The New Fair Temple was renovated after the fire of 1887 and was inaugurated in 1889. Avram Iosef Schnitzer, master of Odessa, worked on the execution of Aron Hakodes and engraved aspects inspired by the Bible.
Yiddish Synagogue from Botoșani, Botoșani county, Romania
The local tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ BOTOȘANI
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Botoșani. Copyright© CNIPT Botoșani
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Botoșani and nearby!
- Piața 1 Decembrie 1918, nr.4, Botoșani
- Tel / fax: 0231-519.519
- Program: Monday - Sunday: 0900 - 1700
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Web: www.visitbotosani.ro
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VisitBotosani-355577657944885/
- Youtube: CNIPT Botosani
- Instagram: cniptbotosani