Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Zalău
Clădirea Primăriei Zalău (RO) - Zalău City Hall Building (EN)
- The construction of this building was finished in 1889, the foundation stone was put on June 6th, 1836, and it initially housed the Prefecture, the Court, the District Court and the Prosecution of the Sălaj County.
- The building, in which currently operates the Zalău City Hall, has a trapezoidal shape and was designed in a neo-baroque style. It also houses a beautiful marriage ceremony hall and the "Avram Iancu" Hall - named after the leader of the 1848 Transylvanian Revolutionaries and symbol of the struggle for rights of the Transylvanian Romanians, in the 19th century.
- The hall, used in the past as a Hall of Festivities and Dance, is illuminated by an imposing chandelier, made of wrought iron, placed in the center of the ceiling, weighing 1450 kg.
Zalău City Hall Building
The local tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ ZALĂU
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Zalău. Copyright© CNIPT Zalău
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Zalău and nearby!
- Piaţa Iuliu Maniu 4 - 6, Zalău
- tel. 0360-566.100
- Program: 09:00-17:00 (Mon-Sun)
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- WEB: www.turismzalau.ro