Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Buzău
Platoul Meledic (RO) - Meledic Plateau (EN)
- It is situated between the Slănic Valley, Jgheab and Meledic stream from the internal Subcarpathians. It is a geological, caving and zoological reserve, developed on an area of 67.5 ha, at an altitude of 500-600 m.
- The deposits from salty formation have very large thickness, here being the largest deposits in the country. Dissolving the salt, results landforms similar to those on limestone, but their appearance and development is much faster, and the physiognomy and dimensions are quite varied.
- The main attraction, besides these carst-saline forms are, represents the 6S cave, discovered in 1980, being the second salt cave in the world (3190 m); Mare Lake and Castelu Lake.
|Meledic Plateau (1)
|Meledic Plateau (2)
The nearest tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ NEHOIU
The source of the texts/images/photos: Consiliul Judetean Buzău. Copyright©Consiliul Judetean Buzău
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Buzău and nearby!
- Calea Mihai Viteazu nr. 43b, Nehoiu
- Tel /fax: 0238.505.066, Mobil: 0762.061.945
- Program: 10:00-17:00 (Mon-Sun)
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Facebook: Info Turism Nehoiu
- Web: www.cniptnehoiu.ro