Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Moldova Nouă
Peștera Gaura cu Muscă (RO) - The Hole with Fly Cave (EN)
- The Hole with Fly cave is located 12 km downstream from Moldova Nouă, Caraş Severin county, at approx. 30 m above the level of the Danube. You can reach the place from the road that crosses the Danube Gorge, 12 km downstream from Moldova Nouă, in the place where you find a source of drinking water.
- It was inhabited during the Hallstatt period, being an ideal shelter for primitive men.
- The cave was named "Hole with Fly" because, according to a legend, it's the birthplace of the terrible Columbaca fly (Culex columbacensis) that came out of one of the 12 heads of the dragon killed by the hero Jovan Iorgovan. In the Middle Ages, this fly killed many animals.
The Hole with Fly Cave, Caraș-Severin county, Romania
The local tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ MOLDOVA NOUĂ
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Moldova Nouă. Copyright© CNIPT Moldova Nouă
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Moldova Nouă and nearby!
- Str. Dunării nr.3, Oraș Moldova Nouă, jud. Caraș-Severin, România.
- Tel: 0355-429.799
- Program: Monday - Sunday: 1000 - 1700
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Web: http://cniptmoldovanoua.ro