Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Cluj-Napoca
Parcul Etnografic Naţional Romulus Vuia (RO)
Parcul Etnografic Naţional Romulus Vuia
Romulus Vuia National Ethnographic Park (EN)
- Romulus Vuia National Ethnographic Park is an open air museum and one of the two sections of the Ethnographic Museum of Transylvania (Muzeul Etnografic al Transilvaniei), established on April 12th 1929. This section was called Romulus Vuia, paying homage to the founder of this park.
- The first sector includes technical installations and rural workshops from the 18th – 20th centuries, which display the traditional techniques of wood and iron crafting; of gold, wool canvas, clay and stone processing, cereals milling and oil production.
- The second sector contains traditional rural households representative for distinct ethnographic areas from Transylvania, comprising constructions dating from the 17th – 20th centuries, equipped with the entire necessary household inventory.
- Three of the most beautiful wood churches in Transylvania are preserved in "Romulus Vuia" National Ethnographic Park: the church from Cizer (Sălaj county), built in 1773 by Nicola Ursu (Horea); the church from Chiraleş (Bistriţa-Năsăud county) from 17th century and the church from Petrindu (Sălaj county), dated from 1612.
Romulus Vuia National Ethnographic Park, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
The local tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ CLUJ
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Cluj. Copyright© CNIPT Cluj
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Cluj-Napoca and nearby!
- Str. Memorandumului nr. 21, Cluj-Napoca
- Tel / fax: 0264-450.410
- Program: Oct-Apr: Monday-Sunday: 09.00-17.00
- May-Sept: M-F: 09.00-19.00; Sat-Sun: 09.00-17.00
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: www.clujtourism.ro
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ClujTourism/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClujTourism
- Youtube: Cluj Tourism
- Instagram: Cluj Tourism
- App (IOS, Google Play & Windows): Cluj Tourism