Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Cluj-Napoca
Parcul Central Simion Bărnuţiu (RO) - Simion Bărnuţiu Central Park (EN)
Parcul Central Simion Bărnuţiu
- The Central Park, colloquially known as The Big Park, is open to the public from 1830, being initially named "The Park of the people". Later, the alleys and the lake were set up, and in 1874 The Summer Theatre was inaugurated, today The State Hungarian Theatre.
- The Skating Pavilion (today the Chios restaurant), the Casino Building and the artesian well were built in an eclectic style. After 1989, the park was named “Simion Bărnuţiu" Central Park.
- At the present time, the Central Park enjoys a great popularity, the Casino Building and the lake being the main attractions. In addition, people who pass through can benefit of the great variety of amenities the park offers.
- The open air setting is offering, besides the flora, a nocturnal basketball ground, free access to the fitness equipment, an artesian well surrounded by benches, a specially designed park for children and a restaurant. There also can be found the statues of fine personalities like Antonin Ciolan, George Coşbuc, Liviu Rebreanu, Octavian Goga or Sigismund Toduţă.
Simion Bărnuţiu Central Park from Cluj-Napoca - The Casino Building
The local tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ CLUJ
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Cluj. Copyright© CNIPT Cluj
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Cluj-Napoca and nearby!
TOP 10 PARKS IN ROMANIA
- Str. Memorandumului nr. 21, Cluj-Napoca
- Tel / fax: 0264-450.410
- Program: Oct-Apr: Monday-Sunday: 09.00-17.00
- May-Sept: M-F: 09.00-19.00; Sat-Sun: 09.00-17.00
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Web: www.clujtourism.ro
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ClujTourism/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClujTourism
- Youtube: Cluj Tourism
- Instagram: Cluj Tourism
- App (IOS, Google Play & Windows): Cluj Tourism
Other parks in Romania