Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Carei
Parcul castelului (RO) - The park of the castle (EN)
Parcul Castelului Károlyi
- In the year 1700, around the castle there was a beautiful garden, decorated in baroque style. In the year 1790 the gardener Bode György arranges around the new castle an English garden.
- In 1810, the giant platter in front of the castle was planted with a diameter of 205 cm.
- The garden also had a greenhouse with exotic plants. Its present form is received on an area of 12 hectares in 1890.
- In 1982, the park of the castle was declared a protected dendrological park, thanks to the rare plants in the garden (208 species and many subspecies of tree plants).
The park of Károlyi castle, Carei, Satu Mare county, Romania
- Ever since the second half of the eighteenth century, the castle Károlyi arboretum park area was already a greenhouse, famous for its collection of camellias destroyed in the nineteenth century, during the devastating fire in 1887.
- Subsequently an exotic herb garden was built which can be considered as the predecessor of ornamental greenhouses of the city's garden.
- The presentation greenhouses was done within the project named
- "Szatmár-Bereg and its inhabitants", the creation of presentation centers in Géberjén and Carei implemented under the Hungary-Romania Cross-Border Cooperation Program 2007-2013, (www.huro-cbc.eu), with the support of the European Union, and by co-financing The European Development Fund, the Republic of Hungary and Romania and hosts a collection of plants originating on five continents of our planet.
The Greenhouse from within the park of Károlyi Castle
The local tourist information center click below for more details...
Centrul de Promovare a Turismului Cultural Gróf Károlyi
The source of the texts/images/photos: CPTC Gróf Károlyi. Copyright© CPTC Gróf Károlyi
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Carei and nearby!
TOP 10 PARKS IN ROMANIA
- Str. 1 Decembrie 1918 nr.1, Carei, 445100
- tel. 0261-861.481
- Program: 08:00 - 16:00 (Mon-Fri)
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WEB: www.visitcarei.ro
Other parks in Romania