Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Cluj-Napoca
Pădurea Hoia-Baciu (RO) - Hoia Baciu-Forest (EN)
- Hoia-Baciu Forest lies in the North-Western part of Romania, in Transylvania, near Cluj-Napoca. The forest is famous since the late '60s, when a military technician caught on camera the best pictures of a UFO above Poiana Rotundă (the round clearing where there is no tree growing for a long time). Besides, since the '50s, a local professor have experienced a bunch of paranormal phenomena in and around the forest. Also, for a long time already, the forest's visitors have experienced all kind of feelings...
- The reports about Hoia-Baciu Forest have included folk ghost stories, apparitions, faces identified in photographs that were not visible with the naked eye, and, in the late '60s, UFO sightings. Visitors to the forest report anxiety and the feeling of being watched; in addition, the local vegetation is often bizarre (strangely shaped trees, charring on tree stumps and branches).
- It is told that many peasants were murdered in this forest among time. The legend says that the souls of these ghosts are trapped within the wooded confines of Hoia-Baciu Woods. Another legend says that the name "Baciu" comes from a shepherd who strangely dissapeared with his flock of 200 sheep while being close to the circular plateau deep in the forest (Poiana Rotundă), which is considered by the locals a hub for the paranormal activity...
- Each year, in October, a two-day festival - Mioritmic - is taking place in the middle of Hoia-Baciu Forest. Enjoy!
Hoia-Baciu Forest and Poiana Rotunda, Cluj-Napoca, Cluj county, Transylvania, Romania (© Hoia-Baciu Project)
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ CLUJ
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Cluj. Copyright© CNIPT Cluj
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Cluj-Napoca and nearby!
TOP 10 WONDERS IN ROMANIA
- Str. Memorandumului nr. 21, Cluj-Napoca
- Tel / fax: 0264-450.410
- Program: Oct-Apr: Monday-Sunday: 09.00-17.00
- May-Sept: M-F: 09.00-19.00; Sat-Sun: 09.00-17.00
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: www.clujtourism.ro
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ClujTourism/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClujTourism
- Youtube: Cluj Tourism
- Instagram: Cluj Tourism
- App (IOS, Google Play & Windows): Cluj Tourism
Other wonders with tourist attractions in Romania