Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Cluj-Napoca
Muzeul Naţional de Istorie a Transilvaniei (RO)
Muzeul Naţional de Istorie a Transilvaniei
The National History Museum of Transylvania (EN)
- The National History Museum of Transylvania from Cluj-Napoca is the successor of the first museum association from Transylvania, the Association of Transylvanian Museum, founded in 1859.
- The primary heritage of the Transylvanian Museum could be classified in more collections according to the specific profile of the items: geology-mineralogy, natural sciences and antiquities, a numismatic cabinet, a library and a historical archive with 1083 manuscripts.
- The Transylvanian Museum also has an impressive collection of paintings originated from the initial donations, as well as an important collection of Transylvanian stamps, engravings and postcards. Within the Dacian-Roman section, there were also exhibited the collection of Egyptian and Greek artefacts as well as the most valuable collection of Romanian art from Transylvania, known as "Cioflec" art gallery.
The National History Museum of Transylvania, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
The local tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ CLUJ
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Cluj. Copyright© CNIPT Cluj
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Cluj-Napoca and nearby!
- Str. Memorandumului nr. 21, Cluj-Napoca
- Tel / fax: 0264-450.410
- Program: Oct-Apr: Monday-Sunday: 09.00-17.00
- May-Sept: M-F: 09.00-19.00; Sat-Sun: 09.00-17.00
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Web: www.clujtourism.ro
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ClujTourism/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClujTourism
- Youtube: Cluj Tourism
- Instagram: Cluj Tourism
- App (IOS, Google Play & Windows): Cluj Tourism