Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Cluj-Napoca
Muzeul Municipal Dej (RO) - The Municipal Museum from Dej (EN)
- Shortest distance from Cluj-Napoca: ~56 km.
- The Municipal Museum of Dej was established in 1925. The collection includes artefacts representing Roman inscriptions, ethnography and folklore items, architectonic fragments, ceramic tubs for water supply, rushlights, weapons or coins. A special category is the one of the fossil remains of mammoths: incisors, molars and bones. An interesting discovery is the monetary thesaurus of 30 silver coins discovered at Nireş.
- The existence of a salt mine (the Salt mine from Dej) in Dej contributed to the expansion of the science and technique collection with tools used for exploitation, such as: an old scale for weighing salt, a wooden wheelbarrow for salt transportation, a pulley for mounting the salt to the surface, oil lamps and modern machinery simulations.
Interior of the Municipal Museum from Dej, Cluj county, Romania
In this area you may also like to visit:
The nearest tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ CLUJ
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Cluj. Copyright© CNIPT Cluj
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Cluj-Napoca and nearby!
- Str. Memorandumului nr. 21, Cluj-Napoca
- Tel / fax: 0264-450.410
- Program: Oct-Apr: Monday-Sunday: 09.00-17.00
- May-Sept: M-F: 09.00-19.00; Sat-Sun: 09.00-17.00
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Web: www.clujtourism.ro
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ClujTourism/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClujTourism
- Youtube: Cluj Tourism
- Instagram: Cluj Tourism
- App (IOS, Google Play & Windows): Cluj Tourism