Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Cluj-Napoca
Muzeul Mitropoliei Clujului (RO)
Muzeul Mitropoliei Clujului
The Museum of Cluj Metropolitan Church (EN)
- The beginning of the museum dates from 1924, from the time of the bishop Nicolae Ivan, the founder of the Orthodox Cathedral from Cluj-Napoca, but the Eparchial Museum opens for the public only in 1938 in several rooms from the second floor of the Orthodox Archiepiscopate of Cluj residence.
- Nowadays, The Museum of Cluj Metropolitan Church is located at the semibasement of the Orthodox Cathedral and it was rearranged during 2011. One of the valuable icons exhibited is the one of the Virgin Mary with baby Jesus, painted around 1699 by the famous icon painter Luca from Iclod, who also painted the famous icon from Nicula Monastery.
- In the premises of the museum is found the crypt of hierarchs, the graves of orthodox bishops from Cluj: the Bishop Nicolae Ivan - the first Romanian Orthodox hierarch after the establishment of an Orthodox eparchy in Cluj area, the Archbishop Teofil Herineanu and the Archbishop Bartolomeu Anania.
The Museum of Cluj Metropolitan Church
The local tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ CLUJ
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Cluj. Copyright© CNIPT Cluj
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Cluj-Napoca and nearby!
- Str. Memorandumului nr. 21, Cluj-Napoca
- Tel / fax: 0264-450.410
- Program: Oct-Apr: Monday-Sunday: 09.00-17.00
- May-Sept: M-F: 09.00-19.00; Sat-Sun: 09.00-17.00
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: www.clujtourism.ro
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ClujTourism/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClujTourism
- Youtube: Cluj Tourism
- Instagram: Cluj Tourism
- App (IOS, Google Play & Windows): Cluj Tourism