Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Cluj-Napoca
Muzeul Memorial Octavian Goga (RO)
Muzeul Memorial Octavian Goga
Octavian Goga Memorial Museum (EN)
- Location: Ciucea commune, Cluj county, Romnia.
- Shortest distance from Cluj-Napoca: ~75 km.
- The Octavian Goga Memorial Museum was founded in 1967, as a result of the donation made to the Romanian state by Veturia Goga,the poet’s widow. The heritage of the institution includes over 14.000 items organized in collections, exhibited or stored in the rooms of the museum complex.
- The museum evokes the life and activity of the notable poet by means of documents, books and photographs, as well as through exhibiting of a considerable number of personal objects, such as: a German chest from the 18th century, a Florentine case made in Transylvania in the 16th century, two armchairs covered with Cordoba leather from the 17th century, along with the Bidermeier armchairs and sofas.
- Between 1938 and 1958, through the efforts made by the poet’s widow, Veturia Goga, the "Mausoleum" was built, a funerary monument erected according to the plans of the architect George Matei Cantacuzino, where the human remains of the national poet and of his wife are layed to rest.
Octavian Goga Memorial Museum, Ciucea, Cluj county, Romania
Octavian Goga Memorial Museum in Ciucea, Cluj county - The Mausoleum
In this area you may also like to visit:
The nearest tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ CLUJ
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Cluj. Copyright© CNIPT Cluj
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Cluj-Napoca and nearby!
- Str. Memorandumului nr. 21, Cluj-Napoca
- Tel / fax: 0264-450.410
- Program: Oct-Apr: Monday-Sunday: 09.00-17.00
- May-Sept: M-F: 09.00-19.00; Sat-Sun: 09.00-17.00
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: www.clujtourism.ro
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ClujTourism/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClujTourism
- Youtube: Cluj Tourism
- Instagram: Cluj Tourism
- App (IOS, Google Play & Windows): Cluj Tourism