Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Botoșani
Muzeul Judeţean Botoșani (RO) – Botoșani County Museum (EN)
- The oldest traces of human civilization in this part of the country are preserved at the County Museum of History and the Săveni Archaeological Museum, consisting of tools and weapons of carved stone and bone, fossil remains of prehistoric animals, to which they are added a unique exhibit in SE Europe - a human Paleolithic shelter, partially reconstituted. Discovered at Ripiceni - Izvor, Mitoc and Crasnaleuca, these vestiges also hold the attention of specialists and visitors, being some of the highlights of the two museums.
- The museums in Botoşani and Săveni have an extremely rich patrimony of neolithic pieces, illustrative of the Cucuteni culture, in which the area of today's county was fully covered.
- Handmade ceramics decorated with geometric motifs, painted in two or three colors (white, red, black) incised or excised, extremely varied in shapes (bowls, bowls, binoculars, warehouses, binoculars, etc.); and dimensions, anthropomorphic and zoomorphic figurines related to fertility and fertility cult, winds and altars, polished stone tools and bone, discovered in Drăguşeni, Ştefăneşti, Tărâşeşti or Cucorăni, prove an advanced civilization, comparable to the most famous civilizations of the time.
Botoșani County Museum, Botoșani county, Romania
- The age of the metals, in which the Geto-Dacians individualize themselves from the Thracian masses and build their first state organization under King Burebista (1st century BC), is illustrated in the basic exhibition of the County Museum of History through a large number of objects from which are detached the ones discovered in the fortress of Stânceşti (6th - 5th centuries BC) - tools, weapons, ornaments, household objects and pottery, some of them Greek, those discovered at Lozna, Dersca com. - Iron tools dating back to the last century of the 1st millennium BC Chr.
- The period corresponding to the existence of the Roman province of Dacia and that of the completion of the process of formation of the Romanian people is illustrated in the County Historical Museum through numerous carpical objects and objects of Roman fact entering the free dacians through the way of exchange supplies, amphorae, cups, litters, etc.), vases for offerings and ornaments discovered in burials in the third and fourth centuries, coins and agricultural tools.
- The prefeudal and the feudal age belong to the ceramics, pottery, weapons and treasures with silver objects and coins discovered at Hudum, Stauceni or Lunca (14th-15th centuries), pots and buttons made of ceramics made of the foundations of Stephen the Great, churches "St. Nicholas" from Dorohoi (1495) and "St. Nicholas Popauts"- Botoşani (1496), the rings with seal and pafftales from the 16th-17th centuries and a large number of documents - church books, princes'
- The modern age - marked by the revolutions of 1821 and 1848, the achievement of the national state in 1859 and the proclamation of Romania's state independence in 1877 and the building of the unitary national state in 1918, is also illustrated in the museum, a variety of objects and documents, proving the participation of the Botoşani people at the mentioned events, and points to aspects of the Botoşani evolution in this period in economic, political, social and cultural terms. Weapons, patents, medals and decorations, military uniforms, technical tools from the nineteenth-century Botoșani manufactures, units of measurement during the reign of Al. Ioan Cuza, personal belongings belonging to participants in the events of the period, original photos and documents, complete the image of an age of profound transformations in the life of the country and of the Botoşani region, alike.
- An important place in the museum is dedicated to the contribution the Botoşani region has brought to the development of the Romanian culture. I remember photographs depicting famous personalities born in Botoşani County - Mihai Eminescu, George Enescu, Nicolae Iorga, Stefan Luchian, Grigore Antipa, Dimitrie Brândza, Octav Bancilă, etc. and several objects belonging to some of them, pieces of furniture from the last house in Bucharest of the painter Ştefan Luchian and a violin belonging to George Enescu.
- The period between the two world wars, the last one presented in the museum, is illustrated, among other things, by original documents on the urban development, the economic, political and social life of Botoşani County - illustrated postcards, newspapers, property documents - objects from the few units industrial sector - sewing machine from Hercules Lingerie factory in Botoşani, matrix from the Ripiceni sugar factory - agricultural inventory - measure for cereals or technical devices (Bell phones, Kodak camera with a special exhibit - the voting council of the County Council of the mentioned period, with the sign of the county (scythe) marked by it.
- Many other documents illustrate culture and education, among them the ones that refer to the most important school units (Laurian High School, "Mihai Eminescu" High School and Al Vlahuta from Şendriceni at Cultural League "Cultural League", " Harmony "to the personalities of the epoch, originated in Botoşani County, writers, poets, scientists etc. An important space in this sector was given to the European mathematician - Octav Onicescu and surgeon Iacob Iacobovici. In the museum - pieces of furniture, scientific papers, Romanian and foreign patents and decorations - prove the great prestige of which he enjoyed and reconfirmed the fact that the Botoşani were a true citadel of the Romanian culture.
The local tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ BOTOȘANI
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Botoșani. Copyright© CNIPT Botoșani
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Botoșani and nearby!
- Piața 1 Decembrie 1918, nr.4, Botoșani
- Tel / fax: 0231-519.519
- Program: Monday - Sunday: 0900 - 1700
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Web: www.visitbotosani.ro
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VisitBotosani-355577657944885/
- Youtube: CNIPT Botosani
- Instagram: cniptbotosani