Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Sighetu Marmației
Muzeul Etnografic (RO) - The Ethnographic Museum (EN)
Muzeul Etnografic Sighetu Marmației
- The Ethnographic Museum from Sighetu Marmației presents the life of the peasant from Maramureș county, the exhibits being divided into different rooms, according to the primary occupations: gathering food from nature, hunting, fishing, beekeeping and agro-pastoral occupations, and in addition to these, the work in the forest and timber rafting. Here are exposed tools of the household textile industry, folk costumes, ceramics, pieces of furniture and of peasant architecture.
- The museum circuit synthesizes winter customs in an exhibition of masks and costumes from: the play of the goat, of the bear and liturgical drama of the "Viflaim". The "Viflaim" is a popular play with a sacred theme which addresses the myth of Jesus's birth.
The Ethnographic Museum from Sighetu Marmației, Maramureș county, Romania
The local tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ SIGHETU MARMAŢIEI
- Piaţa Libertăţii nr.26, Sighetu Marmației
- tel: 0371-347.133, fax: 0371-607.394
- Program: daily, 0900 - 1700
- Facebook: Visit Sighetu Marmatiei
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WEB: www.turismsighet.ro