Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Cluj-Napoca
Muzeul Etnografic al Transilvaniei (RO)
Muzeul Etnografic al Transilvaniei
The Ethnographic Museum of Transylvania (EN)
The Ethnographic Museum of Transylvania, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
- The Ethnographic Museum of Transylvania was established in 1922. The headquarters is located in "Reduta" building, in the room with the same name being held the political trial known as "Procesul memorandiştilor" (The Trial of the Memorandum). An open air museum, the first one in Romania, was added to the indoor exhibition in 1929, known as "Romulus Vuia" National Ethnographic Park (Parcul Etnografic Naţional "Romulus Vuia").
- The permanent exhibition is called "The popular culture in Transylvania – 18th-20th centuries", varnished in 2006, and approaches the main areas of the material and spiritual culture in rural Transylvania, displayed by representative exhibits selected from more than 40.000 artefacts found in the collections of the museum.
- The exhibition comprises podotactile strips (for visually impaired), showcases with traditional harvest crowns and Jewish cult pieces and exhibits which evoke the birth, the childhood (swing, chair and walking support, toys grouped per genders) and the youth stages (items from the props of boy groups, symbolic gifts made by boys to girls). The exhibits which represent birth, childhood and youth stages are grouped in two exhibition modules which precede the traditions sector: those from the life cycle (wedding, funeral), those over the year (Christmas, New Year, Epiphany, Easter) and the spring traditions (Sângiorzul, Plugarul [the Plougher]).
The local tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ CLUJ
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Cluj. Copyright© CNIPT Cluj
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Cluj-Napoca and nearby!
- Str. Memorandumului nr. 21, Cluj-Napoca
- Tel / fax: 0264-450.410
- Program: Oct-Apr: Monday-Sunday: 09.00-17.00
- May-Sept: M-F: 09.00-19.00; Sat-Sun: 09.00-17.00
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: www.clujtourism.ro
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ClujTourism/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClujTourism
- Youtube: Cluj Tourism
- Instagram: Cluj Tourism
- App (IOS, Google Play & Windows): Cluj Tourism