Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Botoșani
Muzeul de Științele Naturii din Dorohoi (RO)
Muzeul de Științele Naturii din Dorohoi
Natural Science Museum from Dorohoi (EN)
- The building that hosts the Museum of Natural Sciences was built in Baroque style, in 1887, by Italian architects, after a French design, with the aim of making it the residence of the Prefecture of the former Dorohoi County.
- The museum has a very rich collection of: insects, mollusks, minerals, birds, etc. The museum heritage of natural history includes almost 276,000 exhibits.
- The most famous collections within the museum are: the entomological collection of teacher Ion Nemeș, which includes approximately 250,000 local insects (many species being new to science) and 4,500 exotic butterflies that he got by exchange with various other collectors from the whole world; the exotic birds (Zair – Africa) collection of teacher Rang Catalin and the lepidoptera collection of pharmacist Weber Wilhelm.
- There is also a collection of contemporary art - glass-porcelain - which includes objects created in 1985 in the Glass Factory from Dorohoi, during an art camp.
- In addition, the museum has a small area with birds and exotic fish which complete in a vivid note the naturalist character of the museum.
Natural Science Museum from Dorohoi, Botoşani county, Romania
The nearest tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ BOTOȘANI
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Botoșani. Copyright© CNIPT Botoșani
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Botoșani and nearby!
- Piața 1 Decembrie 1918, nr.4, Botoșani
- Tel / fax: 0231-519.519
- Program: Monday - Sunday: 0900 - 1700
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Web: www.visitbotosani.ro
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VisitBotosani-355577657944885/
- Youtube: CNIPT Botosani
- Instagram: cniptbotosani