Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Cluj-Napoca
Muzeul de Istorie Gherla (RO) - The History Museum from Gherla (EN)
- Shortest distance from Cluj-Napoca: ~43 km.
- At the present, the museum houses over 18.000 pieces included in 5 collections. The permanent exhibition (arranged in three rooms) presents the human evolution from Palaeolithic era until the 18th century through the archaeological and documentary materials. Exhibits discovered in Gherla and in the limitrophe areas, belonging to Palaeolithic, Neolithic, Dacian and Roman eras, are found inside the glass cabinets, as well as those belonging to the Middle Ages.
- In the summer of 2006, the Roman and Medieval lapidarium (set up in the backyard of the museum) was varnished and counts many stone monuments (columns, funerary stars, frames, bricks with inscriptions, etc). Two of the rooms located at the first floor are named as the Francophone Room and the Germanophile Room and they were decorated due to the financial and material support given by the cities of Yzeure from France and Forchheim from Germany, both being twinned towns with Gherla municipality. In these rooms, besides a rich bibliographic material, are found traditional costumes originating from the two countries.
- The History Museum from Gherla has a rich patrimony and remarkable relics discovered in the perimeter of the Roman camp (coins, weapons, sculptures, a military diploma dated from 123 A.D.), as well as a series of documents that certify the settling of Armenians in this city.
The History Museum of Gherla, Cluj county, Romania
In this area you may also like to visit:
The nearest tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ CLUJ
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Cluj. Copyright© CNIPT Cluj
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Cluj-Napoca and nearby!
- Str. Memorandumului nr. 21, Cluj-Napoca
- Tel / fax: 0264-450.410
- Program: Oct-Apr: Monday-Sunday: 09.00-17.00
- May-Sept: M-F: 09.00-19.00; Sat-Sun: 09.00-17.00
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: www.clujtourism.ro
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ClujTourism/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClujTourism
- Youtube: Cluj Tourism
- Instagram: Cluj Tourism
- App (IOS, Google Play & Windows): Cluj Tourism