Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Botoșani
Muzeul de Etnografie Botoșani (RO)
Muzeul de Etnografie Botoșani
Botoșani Museum of Ethnography (EN)
- Within the Botoșani museum heritage, the ethnographic collection occupies a place of soul, the soul of village civilization. The first acquisitions for a future ethnographic museum began in 1957-1958. Later, in 1967, the inventory was enriched by the donation made by the priest Dumitru Grigoraş from Oraşeni-Deal, comprising 70 pieces. Until 1983 the number of pieces reached 773. Between 1989 and 2007 the ethnographic pieces representing the folk architecture, the occupations of the area, crafts, ceramics, furniture pieces, fabrics, folk port, accessories for Christmas and New Year's habits, decorated eggs, were integrated into the permanent exhibition, housed in a sec. XVIII "CASA MANOLACHE IORGA" (the grandfather of the historian Nicolae Iorga) and between 1902-1947 the residence of SAINT-GEORGES (the chief architect of the city of Botoşani).
- In addition to the folk culture of the Botoşani area, the inventory also includes 1146 pieces (ceramics, folk port, scratch, desigi and trays from other ethnographic areas of Romania) - the collection Maria and Nicolae Zahacinschi.
- In 2008 the inventory counts 3428 pieces. The value of the pieces is given by their age (some of them dating back to 1819, 1826, 1853, 1878, 1903, 1904 - objects of worship, pieces of furniture, fabrics, ceramics), decorative motifs with symbols specific to the area color.
Museum of Ethnography in Botoșani, Botoșani county, Romania
The local tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ BOTOȘANI
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Botoșani. Copyright© CNIPT Botoșani
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Botoșani and nearby!
- Piața 1 Decembrie 1918, nr.4, Botoșani
- Tel / fax: 0231-519.519
- Program: Monday - Sunday: 0900 - 1700
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: www.visitbotosani.ro
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VisitBotosani-355577657944885/
- Youtube: CNIPT Botosani
- Instagram: cniptbotosani