Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Botoșani
Muzeul de arheologie din Săveni (RO)
Muzeul de arheologie din Săveni
Archeology Museum from Săveni (EN)
- The Archaeology Museum in Saveni hosts a rich archaeological heritage that illustrates the history of these places from the Paleolithic to the 4th century AD.
- The attention falls on flint tools and weapons, the fire hearth with carbonized mammoth bones and a mammoth tooth discovered in the famous Paleolithic sites from Ripiceni, Mitoc, Drăguşeni or Coţuşca.
- The Neo-Eneolithical culture of Cucuteni with its splendid ceramics that delight by the grace of the shapes, the pattern harmony ans the 2-3 colours used.
- The metal era is represented by various tools, weapons and jewelry: gloving hole axe, flint pruning, clay weights for fishing nets, sacrifice bowls, beads.
- The collection Mihai and Al. Ciuca is exhibited in 2 roomsof the museum. The malariologist doctor Mihai Ciucă and his brother, the veterinary doctor Al. Ciucă, with their notable achievements in the field of science and high university education, are presented thorugh a whole range of civil status documents, photos, certificates and decorations, personal objects, scientific works, etc that highlight their intellect and great prestige that they enjoyed in their times.
Archeology Museum from Săveni, Botoşani county, Romania
The nearest tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ BOTOȘANI
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Botoșani. Copyright© CNIPT Botoșani
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Botoșani and nearby!
- Piața 1 Decembrie 1918, nr.4, Botoșani
- Tel / fax: 0231-519.519
- Program: Monday - Sunday: 0900 - 1700
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Web: www.visitbotosani.ro
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VisitBotosani-355577657944885/
- Youtube: CNIPT Botosani
- Instagram: cniptbotosani