Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Buzău
Muzeul Chihlimbarului (RO) – The Amber Museum (EN)
- Museum location: Colți commune, Buzău (BZ) county.
- The amber is a many coloured fossil resin (especially yellow), it comes from various pine species and it seems to be 40-60 million years old. There can be often found animal and and vegetal fossils in its structure. According to the tradition, it is considered that amber has special properties, but it is in the same time a highly appreciated material for jewelry.
- Colți, a 2052 ha geologic reservation, is the only Romanian place where you can find amber deposits, famous in Europe due to its purity. The biggest nugget of Colți amber weighs 3450 g and it is found at Buzău County Museum.
- The Amber Museum has been built between 1973 and 1979. The building is like a three storey peasant house with a semi-basement, a first floor and an upper floor. The visitors can admire the amber collection, semiprecious stones, mine flowers, shells and fossil leaves. The museum inheritance also includes ethnographic objects, miners’ tools and documents about the amber operation, land owning, the attestation of Colti, the education, the culture and history of these places.
- The Amber Museum is one of the external departments of the Buzău County History Museum.
|The Amber Museum (exterior)
|The Amber Museum (interior)
The nearest tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ NEHOIU
The source of the texts/images/photos: Consiliul Judetean Buzău. Copyright©Consiliul Judetean Buzău
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Buzău and nearby!
- Calea Mihai Viteazu nr. 43b, Nehoiu
- Tel /fax: 0238.505.066, Mobil: 0762.061.945
- Program: 10:00-17:00 (Mon-Sun)
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: Info Turism Nehoiu
- Web: www.cniptnehoiu.ro