Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Cluj-Napoca
Muzeul Botanic (RO) - The Botanical Museum (EN)
- The Botanical Museum is located at the ground floor of the Botanical Institute, within the Alexandru Borza Botanical Garden (Grădina Botanică Alexandru Borza), and runs as academic collection since 1919.
- Among the 6000 exhibits, there can be found the collection of palm tree seeds with approximately 180 species, "the champion seed" of the world of seeds being noted, with a weight of 16 kg. Anomalies in the growth of plants, malformations to trunks, branches, flowers or fruits, caused by the attack of viruses, fungi, insects or even plants are exhibited inside two glass showcases.
- Among the most valuable and rich collections from the country, there is also the dendrological collection which contains approximately 450 samples, with transversal sections indicated by indigenous wood essences (yew, fir tree, maple, juniper, cherry tree, sumac, walnut, hackmatack, etc.) and exotic ones (coconut tree, eucalyptus, ebony tree, carob, cedar, camphor tree, etc.).
The Botanical Museum from Cluj-Napoca
The local tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ CLUJ
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Cluj. Copyright© CNIPT Cluj
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Cluj-Napoca and nearby!
- Str. Memorandumului nr. 21, Cluj-Napoca
- Tel / fax: 0264-450.410
- Program: Oct-Apr: Monday-Sunday: 09.00-17.00
- May-Sept: M-F: 09.00-19.00; Sat-Sun: 09.00-17.00
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: www.clujtourism.ro
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ClujTourism/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClujTourism
- Youtube: Cluj Tourism
- Instagram: Cluj Tourism
- App (IOS, Google Play & Windows): Cluj Tourism