Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Moldova Nouă
Morile de apă de la Sicheviţa (RO)
Morile de apă de la Sicheviţa
Water mills from Sicheviţa (EN)
- Mills from Sicheviţa (existing since 1809) are with "bucket" and vertical axis. All mills are still in operation and are considered to be precursors to Kaplan turbines.
- The 10 water mills are located on a remote string that spans about 5km (2 hours walk) from the Danube to the fountains of waters from the mountains.
- Most of the mills are erected directly on the water, but there are also mills the water or brought to „ieruga” (water channel through which deviates from the mill).
- Depending on the land, mills are built on wooden forks, foot stone on water bed and another on the ground. The mills are built of logs "stucked" with yellow earth and shingle roof "in two waters". By the stone of the mill mounted directly on the bucket shaft it is chimney with open hearth, so that the "miller" to warm on fire at night.
One of the water mills from Sicheviţa, Caraș-Severin county, Romania
(© OFENSIV PROMO)
The local tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ MOLDOVA NOUĂ
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Moldova Nouă. Copyright© CNIPT Moldova Nouă
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Moldova Nouă and nearby!
- Str. Dunării nr.3, Oraș Moldova Nouă, jud. Caraș-Severin, România.
- Tel: 0355-429.799
- Program: Monday - Sunday: 1000 - 1700
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Web: http://cniptmoldovanoua.ro