Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Carei
Monumentul Ostașului Român (RO)
Monumentul Ostașului Român
The monument of the Romanian Soldier (EN)
- After two decades passed since the Carei area battles, The Monument of the Romanian Soldier was unveiled in 1964, in the downtown of Carei.
- The work of art belongs to the famous artist and sculptor named Vida Géza.
- The Artist himself spoke about his masterpiece like this: "This artcraft holds several symbols, beginning with the peasant head, at the head of the complex symbolizing the peasant riots that unfurled here. Next is the Gate of Sacrifice which had been assumed to liberate this country. The peasant girl which plants a flower into the ground, the flower means the beginning of a new life, which is ready to come.The Liberating Soldier, under the mode of his representation depicts pride of having accomplished his duty as an active participant in his country's liberation. The climax of the monument, lies in the high Obelisk, or the Eternal Flame, which resembles the Wooden Churches Steeples from Maramureș."
- The monument is engraved with the following text: "Glory for the Soldiers of the Romanian Army who fell for the Country's Liberation."
The monument of the Romanian Soldier from Carei, Satu Mare county, Romania
The local tourist information center click below for more details...
Centrul de Promovare a Turismului Cultural Gróf Károlyi
The source of the texts/images/photos: CPTC Gróf Károlyi. Copyright© CPTC Gróf Károlyi
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Carei and nearby!
TOP 10 MONUMENTS IN ROMANIA
- Str. 1 Decembrie 1918 nr.1, Carei, 445100
- tel. 0261-861.481
- Program: 08:00 - 16:00 (Mon-Fri)
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WEB: www.visitcarei.ro
Other monuments in Romania