Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Zalău
Monumentul Cepei (RO) - The Monument of the Onion (EN)
- Location: Pericei commune, Sălaj (SJ) county.
- Cultivating onion in the localities from the vicinity of Zalău is an activity that has been practiced for many years. It is said that the onion has been grown in the village of Pericei for over 700 years and that in the past it was very appreciated at the royal tables from Vienna.
- The farmers from Pericei have woven a wreath of 45,000 onions, which had a length of 4,518 meters, and so the Onion from Pericei entered the Guiness World Records. At that time the Monument of the Onion, which is unique in the world, was unveiled. The pedestal on which the bulb is placed is two meters high and is made of travertine-coated concrete. This monument brought to the Pericei Commune, the second world record, for "the biggest monument dedicated to onion".
The Monument of the Onion from Pricei, Sălaj county, Romania
The nearest tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ ZALĂU
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Zalău. Copyright© CNIPT Zalău
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Zalău and nearby!
- Piaţa Iuliu Maniu 4 - 6, Zalău
- tel. 0360-566.100
- Program: 09:00-17:00 (Mon-Sun)
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- WEB: www.turismzalau.ro