Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Târgu Neamț
Mănăstirea Văratec (RO) - Văratec Monastery (EN)
- The writer and the theologian, Gala Galagtion, presented the monastical landscape from Văratec: "If I think about Văratec, I see its towers arising from over the orchards and the corn fields, I see beside it the river of Filior, the hill round as a hedgehog and wearing oaks instead of spines, I see houses white as snow broadly spread through hundreds of walnut and cherry trees, I see the church on St. John, the grave of Veronica Micle (…) and from around hills of nut trees and birches, white valleys full of mayweeds, the black walls of the pine tree forests".
- The construction of the church from the Văratec Monastery was finished in 1812, but only in 1841 was sanctified, after the painting was finished.
- In 1839, the ruler Mihail Sturza of Moldavia decided that the Văratec Monastery would be independent from the other monasteries in the area, and the parish of nuns could take care and decide independently about what is useful for the monastery.
Văratec Monastery, Neamţ county, Romania
The nearest tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ TÂRGU NEAMȚ
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Târgu Neamț. Copyright© CNIPT Târgu Neamț
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Târgu Neamț and nearby!
- B-dul Ștefan cel Mare 42, Târgu Neamț, jud. Neamț
- tel: 0233-663.055
- Program: daily, 1000-1700
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WEB: www.tirguneamt-turistic.ro
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/cnipttgneamt