Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Zalău
Mănăstirea Strâmba (RO) - The Strâmba Monastery (EN)
- Location: Păduriș village, Sălaj (SJ) county.
- The Strâmba Monastery is one of the oldest orthodox monasteries of Transylvania founded in the 15th century in Păduriș, Sălaj County. The monastery’s beginnings date back to 1470, according to the documented research of the historian Augustin Bunea and, according to the claims of the abbot Nichifor in 1761.
- It is situated at the border of the Păduriș village, being the only monk monastery in the Sălaj County. The only building from the old monastery that still remains is the wooden church, under the patronage of the Assumption of Virgin Mary.
The Strâmba Monastery from Păduriș, Sălaj county, Romania
The nearest tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ ZALĂU
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Zalău. Copyright© CNIPT Zalău
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Zalău and nearby!
TOP 10 MONASTERIES IN ROMANIA
- Piaţa Iuliu Maniu 4 - 6, Zalău
- tel. 0360-566.100
- Program: 09:00-17:00 (Mon-Sun)
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WEB: www.turismzalau.ro
Other important monasteries in Romania