Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Târgu Neamț
Mănăstirea Sihăstria (RO) - Sihăstria Monastery (EN)
- The Sihăstria Monastery was built in 1655 by the bishop Ghedeon of Huși, apprentice of the Moldavian metropolitan Varlaam Moțoc. The chosen place was “the Anastasie's opening”, and the first inhabitants were seven hermits from the Neamț Monastery (Mănăstirea Neamţ). Nowadays, in the same space there are two churches, the old and the new one, built in the 1990s.
- In the monastery's graveyard, which became a pilgrimage place, there lies the grave of Father Cleopa, father superior of this monastery. The graveyard was set up in the current place by the Father in the 1944-1945 period.
- At the grave of his grace come many faithful people, who light a candle and pray for his soul, dearly remembering his unforgotten words of wisdom and endless love.
Sihăstria Monastery, Neamţ county, Romania
The nearest tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ TÂRGU NEAMȚ
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Târgu Neamț. Copyright© CNIPT Târgu Neamț
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Târgu Neamț and nearby!
- B-dul Ștefan cel Mare 42, Târgu Neamț, jud. Neamț
- tel: 0233-663.055
- Program: daily, 1000-1700
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- WEB: www.tirguneamt-turistic.ro
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/cnipttgneamt