Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Cluj-Napoca
Mănăstirea Sfântul Ștefan Vodă din Vad (RO)
Mănăstirea Sfântul Ștefan Vodă din Vad
St. Stephen the Voivode Monastery from Vad (EN)
- Shortest distance from Cluj-Napoca: ~71 km.
- The Monastery from Vad is found in the village with the same name, located at about 12 km from Dej. Between the 16th and 17th centuries, an Orthodox bishopric and a monastery served there, being supported by the Moldavian voivode, Ştefan cel Mare (1433-1504) and his son, Petru Rareş.
- The stone church is dedicated to "The Assumption", built in a Moldavian triconque plan and extended to the west with a narthex. The western portal and the one from the nave, together with the gothic windows, can be noticed.
St. Stephen the Voivode Monastery of Vad, Cluj county, Romania
The nearest tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ CLUJ
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Cluj. Copyright© CNIPT Cluj
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Cluj-Napoca and nearby!
TOP 10 MONASTERIES IN ROMANIA
- Str. Memorandumului nr. 21, Cluj-Napoca
- Tel / fax: 0264-450.410
- Program: Oct-Apr: Monday-Sunday: 09.00-17.00
- May-Sept: M-F: 09.00-19.00; Sat-Sun: 09.00-17.00
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Web: www.clujtourism.ro
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ClujTourism/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClujTourism
- Youtube: Cluj Tourism
- Instagram: Cluj Tourism
- App (IOS, Google Play & Windows): Cluj Tourism
Other important monasteries in Romania