Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Botoșani
Mănăstirea Sfântul Nicolae din Coșula (RO)
Mănăstirea Sfântul Nicolae din Coșula
Saint Nicholas Monastery from Coșula (EN)
- Coșula Monastery is situated in Coșula village, on the Botoşani-Iaşi road, on a distance of approximately 20 km from Botoşani City.
- The religious place was built in 1535 by the great chancellor Mateiaș, adviser of Petru Rareș. The original painting in the church interior (1538) is partially covered by the oil painting made in the 19th century. A connection was made between the painting of this church and that of the Russian church St. Iaroslav.
- Nevertheless, one can still admire the exterior painting, which was partially maintained. In 1772, with the first partition of Poland, the Orthodox monks from Schitu Mare (Galita) found refuge in Moldova, settling in Coșula Monastry. They brought along religious clothes, jewels and books, Russian inspired icons.
Saint Nicholas Monastery from Coșula, Botoșani county, Romania
The nearest tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ BOTOȘANI
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Botoșani. Copyright© CNIPT Botoșani
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Botoșani and nearby!
- Piața 1 Decembrie 1918, nr.4, Botoșani
- Tel / fax: 0231-519.519
- Program: Monday - Sunday: 0900 - 1700
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Web: www.visitbotosani.ro
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VisitBotosani-355577657944885/
- Youtube: CNIPT Botosani
- Instagram: cniptbotosani