Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Târgu Neamț
Mănăstirea Secu (RO) - Secu Monastery (EN)
- Secu Monastery is an Orthodox monastery in Romania located in the village of Pipirig, Neamţ County.
- The church is representative of Moldavian architecture at the end of the 16th century and the beginning of the 17th century. It integrates Walachian influences into its Moldavian form. These include the two towers, one above the naos, the other above the pronaos, and the two rows of blind arcades going around the church façades.
- The massive precinct walls with the defensive corner towers, and the adjacent buildings, surround the church on all four sides. The walls and towers were repaired during the reign of Prince Vasile Lupu. The commemorative inscription initially placed by Prince Lupu at the Neamț Fortress (Neamț Citadel - Cetatea Neamț) is embedded in the southeast tower. On the inscription stone is carved a refined example of the Moldavian coat of arms.
Secu Monastery, Neamţ county, Romania
The nearest tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ TÂRGU NEAMȚ
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Târgu Neamț. Copyright© CNIPT Târgu Neamț
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Târgu Neamț and nearby!
- B-dul Ștefan cel Mare 42, Târgu Neamț, jud. Neamț
- tel: 0233-663.055
- Program: daily, 1000-1700
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WEB: www.tirguneamt-turistic.ro
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/cnipttgneamt