Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Târgu Neamț
Mănăstirea Neamţ (RO) - Neamţ Monastery (EN)
- Neamţ Monastery is an Orthodox monastery of monks. It is the largest and oldest monastic settlement in Moldova, being declared a historical monument.
- Sumptuous, with delicate colour effects, the monastery shows the maturity of the Moldavian architectonic style, which matured during Ștefan cel Mare's period.
- The façade of the church is covered with the decoration characteristic of Ștefan cel Mare's time: Gothic windows and friezes with enamelled disks, coloured in green, yellow and brown.
- The art treasures kept at Neamț Monastery are proof of the intense artistic and cultural activity which took place here through the centuries. Here Gavril Uric showed his talent, the most important representative of the Moldavian miniature from the 15th century. His first known manuscript, dated 1429, is kept in the Bodleian Library at Oxford.
Neamţ Monastery, Neamţ county, Romania
The nearest tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ TÂRGU NEAMȚ
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Târgu Neamț. Copyright© CNIPT Târgu Neamț
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Târgu Neamț and nearby!
- B-dul Ștefan cel Mare 42, Târgu Neamț, jud. Neamț
- tel: 0233-663.055
- Program: daily, 1000-1700
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WEB: www.tirguneamt-turistic.ro
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/cnipttgneamt