Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Cluj-Napoca
Mănăstirea Naşterea Maicii Domnului de la Ciucea (RO)
Mănăstirea Naşterea Maicii Domnului de la Ciucea
The Birth of Virgin Mary Monastery from Ciucea (EN)
- Shortest distance from Cluj-Napoca: ~75 km.
- In Ciucea locality, Octavian Goga (1881-1938), one of the most prominent cultural and political personalities of the interwar period, buys the land that belonged to the Hungarian poet Ady Endre (1877-1919). Veturia Goga, the poet’s widow, donated the location to the Romanian state, nowadays the mansion being a museum dedicated to the life and activity of Octavian Goga. Also, throughout the property, the funerary monument of Octavian Goga was erected (Muzeul Memorial Octavian Goga).
- The monastery was founded in 1939 and has resumed its activity starting with 1994, after it was closed during the communist period. The wooden church from here was brought in the same year (1939); it is from Sălaj county and is currently used by the nuns community from the monastery.
The Birth of Virgin Mary Monastery from Ciucea, Cluj county, Romania
In this area you may also like to visit:
The nearest tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ CLUJ
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Cluj. Copyright© CNIPT Cluj
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Cluj-Napoca and nearby!
- Str. Memorandumului nr. 21, Cluj-Napoca
- Tel / fax: 0264-450.410
- Program: Oct-Apr: Monday-Sunday: 09.00-17.00
- May-Sept: M-F: 09.00-19.00; Sat-Sun: 09.00-17.00
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Web: www.clujtourism.ro
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ClujTourism/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClujTourism
- Youtube: Cluj Tourism
- Instagram: Cluj Tourism
- App (IOS, Google Play & Windows): Cluj Tourism