Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Botoșani
Mănăstirea Cozancea (RO) - Cozancea Monastery (EN)
- Cozancea Monastery is the place where started the monastic struggles of both Father Paisie Olaru and Father Ilie Cleopa.
- In 1656, three hermits raised a small wooden church. In 1684, Constantin Balş riased a small wooden church himself. The brick church, which is preserved up to date, dates from the year 1732, having been built by Vasile Balş.
- The hermitage was closed in 1960, and only reopened in 1983. In the year 1990, the hermitage became a monastery.
Cozancea Monastery, Botoșani county, Romania
The nearest tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ BOTOȘANI
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Botoșani. Copyright© CNIPT Botoșani
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Botoșani and nearby!
- Piața 1 Decembrie 1918, nr.4, Botoșani
- Tel / fax: 0231-519.519
- Program: Monday - Sunday: 0900 - 1700
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Web: www.visitbotosani.ro
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VisitBotosani-355577657944885/
- Youtube: CNIPT Botosani
- Instagram: cniptbotosani