Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Buzău
Mănăstirea Ciolanu (RO) – The Ciolanu Monastery (EN)
- Located on the south-western side of the Ciolanu hill, the monastery is an important religious edifice of Buzău County and attracts every year an impressive number of tourists and pilgrims.
- The monastery has two churches: one is dedicated to "St. George" and, according to the legend, was built by Lady Neaga, wife of Mihnea Turcitul in 1590, and the other one is dedicated to "St. Peter and Paul" and was built by Chesarie, a bishop of Buzau, in 1828. On the iconostasis there are three paintings of Gheorghe Tattarescu, which look at you every where you move in the church.
- The southern wing of the monastery shelters a museum with various objects of artistic and documentary value.
The Ciolanu Monastery, Buzău county, Romania
The nearest tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ NEHOIU
The source of the texts/images/photos: Consiliul Judetean Buzău. Copyright©Consiliul Judetean Buzău
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Buzău and nearby!
TOP 10 MONASTERIES IN ROMANIA
- Calea Mihai Viteazu nr. 43b, Nehoiu
- Tel /fax: 0238.505.066, Mobil: 0762.061.945
- Program: 10:00-17:00 (Mon-Sun)
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Facebook: Info Turism Nehoiu
- Web: www.cniptnehoiu.ro
Other important monasteries in Romania