Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Zalău
Limes-ul roman de pe Munţii Meseș (RO)
Limes-ul roman de pe Munţii Meseş
The Roman limes from the Meseș Mountains (EN)
- On the Meseş Peak but also to the basis of the mountain, the Romans built a complex defensive system consisting of small soil fortifications, "burgus" type walls, defensive and signalling towers and also waves with grooves (clausurae) or walls.
- The defense towers, earth walls, ditches and stone walls on the Meseș Mountains are the most important vestiges of Roman military architecture on the territory of Zalău and its vicinity. They represent the Roman "limes" from the Meseș Mountains - the frontier of the Roman Empire, walk in the footsteps of the roman soldiers who defended the Roman Empire.
The Roman limes from the Meseş Mountains, Sălaj county, Romania
The nearest tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ ZALĂU
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Zalău. Copyright© CNIPT Zalău
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Zalău and nearby!
- Piaţa Iuliu Maniu 4 - 6, Zalău
- tel. 0360-566.100
- Program: 09:00-17:00 (Mon-Sun)
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- WEB: www.turismzalau.ro