Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Moldova Nouă
Legenda lui Attila (RO) - Attila's Legend (EN)
- The mound located in the southwest of the Ostrov - Moldova Veche island and the herd of wild horses living on the island led to the legend of Attila. The legend says that Attila was buried in great secrecy, and all the soldiers who buried him were killed so the place of tomb of Attila remain secret.
- Attila had a clack stallion with star on his forehead that only he could ride, and after his death one of his sons toke the stallion aut from the stables to tame him but he ran away. Angry son of Attila sent in his pursuit few soldiers riding on red mares, but at night when they were resting, mares fled with the stallion. He heard the call of his master finding the secret place of the tomb, where he remained to guard. It is said that at night the soul of Attila straddles handsome stallion galloping cross the endless plains of Europe.
- The biggest attraction would be the grave of Attila but he was buried in three caskets: one of gold, one of silver and one of iron along with its weapons and jewelry. Among the treasures buried in the tomb is the sword of Attila - known as Sword of God.
Attila's tomb, Ostrov - Moldova Veche island, Caraș-Severin county, Romania
The local tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ MOLDOVA NOUĂ
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Moldova Nouă. Copyright© CNIPT Moldova Nouă
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Moldova Nouă and nearby!
- Str. Dunării nr.3, Oraș Moldova Nouă, jud. Caraș-Severin, România.
- Tel: 0355-429.799
- Program: Monday - Sunday: 1000 - 1700
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Web: http://cniptmoldovanoua.ro