Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Cluj-Napoca
Lacul Tarniţa (RO) - Tarniţa Lake (EN)
- Shortest distance from Cluj-Napoca: ~31 km.
- Tarniţa Lake is a barrier lake located on Someșul Cald River. It covers a surface of over 200 hectares and the existing dam is made of concrete, built in an arch form, with a height of 97 m and a ridge with a length of 232 m, while its main purpose is to generate electricity.
- The lake is the main source of water supply for the hydroelectric preservation plant from Gilău that provides potable and industrial water in Cluj-Napoca and other localities in Cluj County.
- Periodically, sport associations organize here various swimming or angling competitions.
Tarniţa Lake, Cluj county, Romania
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Cluj. Copyright© CNIPT Cluj
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Cluj-Napoca and nearby!
"In the wind" on lake Tarniţa
The nearest tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ CLUJ
(©1977 Liciniu A. Kovács)
- Str. Memorandumului nr. 21, Cluj-Napoca
- Tel / fax: 0264-450.410
- Program: Oct-Apr: Monday-Sunday: 09.00-17.00
- May-Sept: M-F: 09.00-19.00; Sat-Sun: 09.00-17.00
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: www.clujtourism.ro
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ClujTourism/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClujTourism
- Youtube: Cluj Tourism
- Instagram: Cluj Tourism
- App (IOS, Google Play & Windows): Cluj Tourism