Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Cluj-Napoca
Lacul Gilău (RO) - Gilău Lake (EN)
- Shortest distance from Cluj-Napoca: ~24 km.
- Gilău Lake is a barrier lake located upstream of the confluence of Someșul Cald river with Someșul Rece river and formed after the hydroelectric plant dam was built in 1972. It is one of the major barrier lakes from Cluj, spreading on an area of about 70 hectares.
- Downstream the dam, it operates one of the most important trout farms from the country which has a dual function: the production of trout for consumption and offsprings for colonizing the mountain waters.
- Gilău Lake represents one of the most searched spots for angling, one of its banks housing a complex recreational facility.
Gilău Lake, Cluj county, Romania
The nearest tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ CLUJ
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Cluj. Copyright© CNIPT Cluj
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Cluj-Napoca and nearby!
- Str. Memorandumului nr. 21, Cluj-Napoca
- Tel / fax: 0264-450.410
- Program: Oct-Apr: Monday-Sunday: 09.00-17.00
- May-Sept: M-F: 09.00-19.00; Sat-Sun: 09.00-17.00
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: www.clujtourism.ro
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ClujTourism/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClujTourism
- Youtube: Cluj Tourism
- Instagram: Cluj Tourism
- App (IOS, Google Play & Windows): Cluj Tourism