Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Zalău
Grupul statuar Wesselényi (RO) - The Wesselényi Statue (EN)
Grupul statuar Wesselényi Zalău
- The bronze statue of the Hungarian Baron Wesselényi Miklós represents a scene of the Revolution of 1848, in which a peasant named Pop Samson expresses his gratitude to the Baron Wesselényi for abolishing the serfdom.
- The statue was designed by the sculptor Fadrusz János, who is also the author of the statue of Matei Corvin from Cluj-Napoca (Ansamblul Monumental Matei Corvin), cast at the Beschorner workshops in Ujpest (Hungary) and unveiled on September 18th, 1902.
Zalău - The Wesselényi Statue
The local tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ ZALĂU
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Zalău. Copyright© CNIPT Zalău
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Zalău and nearby!
- Piaţa Iuliu Maniu 4 - 6, Zalău
- tel. 0360-566.100
- Program: 09:00-17:00 (Mon-Sun)
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- WEB: www.turismzalau.ro