Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Cluj-Napoca
Grădina Botanică Alexandru Borza (RO)
Grădina Botanică Alexandru Borza
Alexandru Borza Botanical Garden (EN)
- The Botanical Garden was founded in 1920 by professor Alexandru Borza and it is subordinated to the “Babeş-Bolyai" University. It spreads on a 14 ha area, consisting of collections of plants which sum up around 10.000 species.
- The area is divided in several sectors: the ornamental, phytogeographic, systematic, economical and medicinal, each of these with its own particularities.
- The Roman Garden is patronized by the statue of goddess of Ceres and by different artefacts discovered in the Roman municipality known as Napoca, being decorated with a diversity of plants which used to grow in the Roman gardens.
- The Japanese Garden is arranged in a traditional Japanese style and includes specific Japanese landscape components: an artificial lake in the middle of which there is a small island connected with the shore of the lake on one side through an arched bridge, at the end of which a sacred Japanese gate is found. The area is decorated with plants brought from the East.
- In the precinct of the Botanical Garden there are also found the Botanical Institute, The Botanical Museum (Muzeul Botanic) and the University Herbarium which hosts 655.000 sheets of herbarium with plants brought from all over the world.
Cluj-Napoca: one of the greenhouses within Alexandru Borza Botanical Garden
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Cluj. Copyright© CNIPT Cluj
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Cluj-Napoca and nearby!
"Intersections" at Alexandru Borza Botanical Garden
The local tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ CLUJ
(©1979 Liciniu A. Kovács)
- Str. Memorandumului nr. 21, Cluj-Napoca
- Tel / fax: 0264-450.410
- Program: Oct-Apr: Monday-Sunday: 09.00-17.00
- May-Sept: M-F: 09.00-19.00; Sat-Sun: 09.00-17.00
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Web: www.clujtourism.ro
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ClujTourism/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClujTourism
- Youtube: Cluj Tourism
- Instagram: Cluj Tourism
- App (IOS, Google Play & Windows): Cluj Tourism