Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Buzău
Focul Viu (RO) – The Living Fire (EN)
- Location: Lopătari commune, Buzău (BZ) county.
- The Living Fire, near Terca village, Lopătari commune, is 1 km away from the point where the Slănic river meets the Smoleanu stream and it covers an area of 0.03 ha.
- Being considered a geologic reservation, this natural phenomenon consists of gas emanations up through the earth cracks, being lit at the surface by sunrays, forming flames 30-100 cm high which can be seen during night time. If the gas pressure lowers, the flames die out.
- The passers by are thrilled with the show from the depths, the blue flames always appear some other place and quickly vanish when you begin to look at them more carefully.
The Living Fire, Lopătari commune, Buzău county, Romania
The nearest tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ NEHOIU
The source of the texts/images/photos: Consiliul Judetean Buzău. Copyright©Consiliul Judetean Buzău
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Buzău and nearby!
- Calea Mihai Viteazu nr. 43b, Nehoiu
- Tel /fax: 0238.505.066, Mobil: 0762.061.945
- Program: 10:00-17:00 (Mon-Sun)
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Facebook: Info Turism Nehoiu
- Web: www.cniptnehoiu.ro