Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Zărneşti
Drumeții (RO) – Hiking (EN)
The most popular hiking routes in the Piatra Craiului massif are:
- Of the 42 hiking trails, most of them have their starting point from Zărneşti town, which is the most important city for access to the north side of the massif.
- From the southwestern part of the city starts the forest road that runs through the Gorge, Valea Cheii, and Valea Vlăduşca, allowing access to the eastern slope of the Piatra Craiului massif.
For guided tours contact:
- Zărneşti - Botorog Fountain - Zănoaga Clearing - Curmătura Chalet, marking: yellow stripe, time (hours): 2h 30- 3 hours, difficulty: medium;
- Zărneşti town- Zărneştilor Gorge - Curmătura Chalet, marking: blue stripe, time (hours): 3-4 hours, difficulty: medium
- Zărnești - Zărneştilor Gorge - "La Table", marking: red cross, time (hours): 3-4 hours, difficulty: easy
- Zărnești - Valea Crăpături - The Crăpătura Saddle - Curmătura Chalet, marking: yellow stripe, time (hours): 2-3 hours, difficulty: difficult
- Zărnești - Colțul Chiliei Monastery - Diana Refuge Marking: blue band, time: 2-3 h, difficulty: medium.
- Rucksack Mountain Guides, address: 121, Mare St., Zărneşti, Braşov, Phone +40-745-335.025, www.rucksack.ro;
- Grind Adventure, address: 4, Tudor Vladimirescu St., Zărneşti, Braşov, Phone: +40-735-154.074, www.trekking-romania.net.
Piatra Craiului Mountains in May (© Florin Buzoianu)
Piatra Craiului Mountains in August (© Florin Buzoianu)
The nearest tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ ZĂRNEȘTI
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Zărnești. Copyright© CNIPT Zărnești
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Zărnești and nearby!
- Str. Dr.Tiberiu Spârchez nr.12A, Zărnești
- Tel: 0368-003.376
- Program Mon - Fri: 09:00 - 16:00,
Sat: 09:00 - 14:00, Sun: 09:00 - 13:00
- Facebook: @visitzarnesti
- Instagram: visit.zarnesti
- TripAdvisor: Zarnesti Visitor Center