Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Zalău
Complexul Cultural-Spiritual Sfânta Vinere (RO)
Complexul Cultural-Spiritual Sfânta Vinere
The Holy Friday Cultural-Spiritual Complex (EN)
- The construction of this cultural-spiritual complex begun in 2000. It is conceived as a replica of the famous St. Sophia Cathedral from Constantinople.
- The edifice is a modern architectural ensemble, in which architects built three functions: the "Ascension" Cathedral, the monumental Obelisk of the Heroes, 50 meters high, and the museum spaces for the goods belonging to the National Cultural Patrimony.
- The inner space is organized on multiple levels, allowing about 5,000 believers to attend the services.
- The "Ascension" Episcopal Cathedral is painted in fresco technique and holds valuable goods, consisting of old books, glass icons, wood icons and other objects of artistic, historical and documentary value.
- A particularly important element is the 1780 kg chandelier, cast in golden bronze, with 360 lights, 7 meters high, with a diameter of 4 meters at its base, realized as a unique model, by a firm from Athens.
The Holy Friday Cultural-Spiritual Complex (exterior)
Zalău, Sălaj county, Transylvania, Romania
The Holy Friday Cultural-Spiritual Complex (interior)
Zalău, Sălaj county, Transylvania, Romania (© 2019 Liciniu A. Kovács)
The local tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ ZALĂU
The source of the texts/images/photos: CNIPT Zalău. Copyright© CNIPT Zalău
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Zalău and nearby!
TOP 10 CHURCHES IN ROMANIA
- Piaţa Iuliu Maniu 4 - 6, Zalău
- tel. 0360-566.100
- Program: 09:00-17:00 (Mon-Sun)
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WEB: www.turismzalau.ro
Other important churches in Romania