Cities / Towns in Romania → Tourist attractions in or nearby the city of Buzău
Complexul Brâncovenesc (RO) – The Brâncoveanu Complex (EN)
- Location: Râmnicu Sărat city, Buzău (BZ) county.
- It was built between 1691 and 1697 by Constantin Brâncoveanu (1688-1714) and his uncle, Mihail Cantacuzino. It was opened in 1697, on the Assumption of Mary’s day and at that time, the complex used to have a monastery, a church, a hermitage, and cells, as well as a royal residence.
- The ensemble from Râmnicu Sărat is one of the defining monuments for the Brancoveanu architectural style, a Romanian synthesis of various Balkan, Byzantine and eastern elements with Persian influences and Iraqi decorative motives, as well as many western influences.
- Nowadays, the restored complex also includes The Municipal Museum.
The Brâncoveanu Complex, Râmnicu Sărat city, Buzău county, Romania
The nearest tourist information center click below for more details...
CENTRUL NAŢIONAL DE INFORMARE ŞI PROMOVARE TURISTICĂ NEHOIU
The source of the texts/images/photos: Consiliul Judetean Buzău. Copyright©Consiliul Judetean Buzău
Get to know about the other tourist attractions in Buzău and nearby!
- Calea Mihai Viteazu nr. 43b, Nehoiu
- Tel /fax: 0238.505.066, Mobil: 0762.061.945
- Program: 10:00-17:00 (Mon-Sun)
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: Info Turism Nehoiu
- Web: www.cniptnehoiu.ro